All Online bookings must be paid fully in advance.
- Individual bookings can be made through GJ-Travel’s website www.gjtravel.is or via email email@example.com, but please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for customized private tours, both groups and individuals.
- All Online bookings must be paid fully at the time of booking.
- GJ-Travel will confirm bookings in writing, either through the website or via email.
- Travel documents will be issued 30 days prior tour start in a PDF format, therefore we need your correct email-contact. Should you not receive any vouchers or detailed tour itinerary latest 30 days prior to tour start, contact email@example.com
- If you need to amend your booking, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org / Amendment free up to EUR 150 per booking.
- If booking through a Travel Agent, GJ-Travel reserves the right to charge a 20% deposit to secure space on the tour.
- Travel insurance is not included in our tours and packages. We recommend at this time all passengers buy comprehensive travel insurance in your home country that covers the cost should you have to cancel with a short notice.
- See day-by-day itinerary and information about tour departure and pick up time, lengths of the tour, prices and more under each individual tour description, trip guide and prices/departures.
- All prices quoted or shown in our tariffs are subject to change without notice, in the event of currency fluctuations, changes to government taxes, or due to any other cost increases beyond GJ-Travel’s control, except for already confirmed and paid bookings.
- GJ-Travel reserves the right to change the confirmed hotel booking. The change of hotel and hotel address will be advised if needed.
- All prices quoted include VAT and other taxes, unless otherwise specified.
- Clothing: Sturdy shoes and a warm outdoor wear should be worn when traveling in Iceland during any season. Nature is the main attraction on many of the excursions and a short outdoor walk may be included to fully enjoy the tour.
Form of payment for Online bookings:
GJ-Travel accepts all major credit card via Borgun secure payment gateway: www.borgun.is
Mandatory single room supplement:
For travelers choosing/selecting a single room, there is a mandatory single room supplement, which needs to be added to your booking. If mandatory single room supplement is not added to your booking, GJ Travel reserves the right to charge extra for the single room supplement.
Cancellation policy for Individual Travelers:
- Day tours: Reservations can be cancelled until 1 week prior to departure without penalty. Cancellations received less than 7 days prior to departure, or for no shows, and a tour begun but not completed, will be charged full price. Different cancellation policy applies for Inside the Volcano Tour, Helicopter Tours, Into the Glacier, New Year’s packages and Kulusuk Day Trip.
- Multi-day fixed departure/SIC tours: A cancellation fee of 20% of the tour price and accommodation will be retained by GJ-Travel for cancellations made 4-8 weeks before departure. A cancellation fee of 50% will be charged for bookings cancelled 8-28 days prior to tour start. No refund is possible for cancellations less than 8 days before departure, or for no-shows, and a tour begun but not completed. The exchange of one arrangement for another must be agreed by GJ-Travel beforehand.
- Customized private tours (individuals and groups): Cancellation terms and fees will be stated in the individual price offer. General terms are: EUR 500 non-refundable deposit from moment of booking until 12 weeks prior to tour start, 10% cancellation fee for cancellations 9-12 weeks prior to tour start, 50% cancellation fee for cancellations 5-8 weeks prior to tour start and 100% cancellation fee for cancellations within 28 days prior to tour start or for no shows, and a tour begun but not completed.
- Greenland tours: Programs that include Greenland and all Iceland & Greenland combination packages have stricter payment and cancellation terms, see details for each individual package tour on the GJ-Travel’s website.
Every effort will be made to provide you with the best holiday possible. Should you, for any reason not be satisfied with the services provided during your stay, please inform our tour guide or member of our staff, so that the situation can be rectified immediately. If you do not bring the complaint to our attention within 24 hours of the problem occurring and give us the opportunity to put things right we will not be held responsible for the problem. Thank you for your co-operation!
Guðmundur Jónasson Travel cannot take responsibility for defaults or delays caused by contracting parties. We reserve the right to change routes, itineraries or time tables without prior notice should road, weather conditions or operational situations so dictate. Some tours may also be operated in reverse. No liability is accepted for losses or expenses due to delays or changes of arrival or departure of flights or other services, injury, sickness, accident, strikes, damage, negligence, weather, war or other causes beyond the control of Guðmundur Jónasson Travel. Guðmundur Jónasson Travel can not accept responsibility for arrangements other than those paid for in advance as part of a Guðmundur Jónasson Tour. Extra excursions taken during one of our tours will be the responsibility of that individual operator.
We strongly recommend that all travelers to Iceland have general travel insurance issued in their country of residence. This insurance should also cover all activities i.e. horse riding, white river rafting, mountain biking etc. which is part of their tour. Your contract will be governed by Icelandic law and any disputes will be dealt with in the courts of Iceland.
Completing this booking confirms your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
We look forward to welcoming you to Iceland.